Monday, December 10, 2007

Red Nude painting

Red Nude painting
Regatta At Argenteuil
Rembrandt Biblical Scene
Rembrandt The Jewish Bride
¡¡¡¡'There is a great improvement here, ma'am?' says Mr. Chillip. ¡¡¡¡Miss Murdstone merely answers with a frown and a formal bend: Mr. Chillip, discomfited, goes into a corner, keeping me with him, and opens his mouth no more. ¡¡¡¡I remark this, because I remark everything that happens, not because I care about myself, or have done since I came home. And now the bell begins to sound, and Mr. Omer and another come to make us ready. As Peggotty was wont to tell me, long ago, the followers of my father to the same grave were made ready in the same room. ¡¡¡¡There are Mr. Murdstone, our neighbour Mr. Grayper, Mr. Chillip, and I. When we go out to the door, the Bearers and their load are in the garden; and they move before us down the path, and past the elms,
oil paintingand through the gate, and into the churchyard, where I have so often heard the birds sing on a summer morning. ¡¡¡¡We stand around the grave. The day seems different to me from every other day, and the light not of the same colour - of a sadder colour. Now there is a solemn hush, which we have brought from home with what is resting in the mould; and while we stand bareheaded, I hear the voice of the clergyman, sounding remote in the open air, and yet distinct and plain, saying: 'I am the Resurrection and the Life, saith the Lord!' Then I hear sobs; and, standing apart among the lookers-on, I see that good and faithful servant, whom of all the people upon earth I love the best, and unto whom my childish heart is certain that the Lord will one day say: 'Well done.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Red Nude painting