Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida paintings

Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida paintings
Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida paintings
Joseph Mallord William Turner paintings
Julien Dupre paintings
They? Oh, dost think, sir, that they have servants?"
The little prince contemplated the little pauper gravely a moment, then said:
"And prithee, why not? Who helpeth them undress at night? who attireth them when they rise?"
"None, sir. Wouldst have them take off their garment, and sleep without-like the beasts?"
"Their garment! Have they but one?"
"Ah, good your worship, what would they do with more? Truly, they have not two bodies each."
"It is a quaint and marvelous thought! Thy pardon, I had not meant to laugh. But thy good Nan and thy Bet shall have raiment and lackeys enow, and that soon, too: my cofferer shall look to it. No, thank me not; "tis nothing. Thou speakest well; thou hast an easy grace in it. Art learned?"
"I know not if I am or not, sir. The good priest that is called Father Andrew taught me, of his kindness, from his books."
"Know'st thou the Latin?"
"But scantily, sir, I doubt."
"Learn it, lad: "tis hard only at first. The Greek is harder; but neither these nor any tongues else, I think, are hard to the Lady Elizabeth and my cousin. Thou shouldst hear those damsels at it! But tell me of thy Offal Court. Hast thou a pleasant life there?"

No comments: