Friday, June 6, 2008

Monet Irises in Monets Garden painting

Monet Irises in Monets Garden painting
Wallis Roman Girl painting
Raphael Madonna and Child with Book painting
Cole The Notch of the White Mountains (Crawford Notch) painting
behind; on with thee, art grown rusty, sluggard? That is well—quick! quick! let not the clapper be seen. Make them all deaf like me. That’s the way, my brave Thibauld! Guillaume! Guillaume! thou art the biggest, and Pasquier is the smallest, and yet Pasquier works better than thou. I warrant that those who can hear would say so too. Right so, my Gabrielle! louder, louder! Hey! you two up there, you sparrows, what are you about? I do not see you make the faintest noise? What ails those brazen beaks of yours that look to be yawning when they should be singing? Up, up, to your work! ’Tis the Feast of the Annunciation. The sun shines bright, and we’ll have a merry peal. What, Guillaume! Out of breath, my poor fat one!”
He was entirely absorbed in urging on his bells, the whole six of them rearing and shaking their polished backs like a noisy team of Spanish mules spurred forward by the cries of the driver.

No comments: