Friday, August 22, 2008

Gustav Klimt The Bride painting

Gustav Klimt The Bride paintingGustav Klimt Hope paintingClaude Monet The Seine At Argenteuil painting
her shift, and for what's poor sake I'd spoilt every decent bond with my fellow creatures -- abused, assaulted, killed -- I could be counted upon to forfeit not only my the claim and mission of Grand-Tutorhood. The whole of studentdom might languish unCommencèd, even EAT itself alive, for allI'd ever put by prurience on principle's behalf!
I could have wept for anger at myself. Indeed, tears came to my eyes, or else waterdrops from my dunking; in any case I rubbed them away, not to blur the image of my downfall thrusting on the shore. And I let go with Croaker's ears all hope of saving myself. No longer fighting either him, the river, or ruinous desire, I let them take me where they would. We plunged into a central stretch much deeper than any the men in yellow could have forded: for some moments my bearer was submerged entirely, and for a dreadful instant I felt us floating free -- but I wouldn't hold my breath or even try to kick loose of him. And so far from commending my mindin extremis to the Founder, I gave self-spiteful lust its head and shouted, weeping, to the wench on the foreshore, "Bye-bye, ma'am! It was good to see you!"

No comments: