Thursday, February 19, 2009

Alphonse Maria Mucha The Judgement of Paris

Alphonse Maria Mucha The Judgement of ParisAlphonse Maria Mucha Savonnerie de BagnoletAlphonse Maria Mucha North Star
Listen, you got to promise not to take vengeance. They done wrong taking it, but you just got to put up with that."
"All right. No vengeance afterwards. But no holding back as I take it, either. If they fight, they die."
"It's hidden in the cellar of the priest's house," she told him. "He thinks there's a spirit in it, and he's been a trying to conjure it out. But that's where it is."
He stood high out, because from her point of view it had vanished behind the rocky headland to the southwest.
He dropped to all fours.
"It's true," he said, with his face now in shadow like hers. "What's your name, child?"
"Lyra Belacqua."
"Then I owe you a debt, Lyra Belacqua," he said.
He turned and lurched away, padding so swiftly across the up on his hind legs and looked west, so that the last of the sun colored his face a creamy brilliant yellow white amid the gloom. She could feel the power of the great creature coming off him like waves of heat."I must work till sunset," he said. "I gave my word this morning to the master here. I still owe a few minutes' work.""The sun's set where I am," she pointed

No comments: