Sunday, December 30, 2007

American Day Dream

American Day Dream
Biblis painting
Boulevard des Capucines
Charity painting
the leg of mutton to the bone. My own appetite came back miraculously. I am ashamed to record it, but I really believe I forgot Dora for a little while. I am satisfied that Mr. and Mrs. Micawber could not have enjoyed the feast more, if they had sold a bed to provide it. Traddles laughed as heartily, almost the whole time, as he ate and worked. Indeed we all did, all at once; and I dare say there was never a greater success. ¡¡¡¡We were at the height of our enjoyment, and were all busily engaged, in our several departments, endeavouring to bring the last batch of slices to a state of perfection that should crown the feast, when I was aware of a strange presence in the room, and my eyes encountered those of the staid Littimer, standing hat in hand before me. ¡¡¡¡'What's
oil painting
the matter?' I involuntarily asked. ¡¡¡¡'I beg your pardon, sir, I was directed to come in. Is my master not here, sir?' ¡¡¡¡'No.' ¡¡¡¡'Have you not seen him, sir?' ¡¡¡¡'No; don't you come from him?' ¡¡¡¡'Not immediately so, sir.' ¡¡¡¡'Did he tell you you would find him here?' ¡¡¡¡'Not exactly so, sir. But I should think he might be here tomorrow, as he has not been here today.' 'Is he coming up from Oxford?' ¡¡¡¡'I beg, sir,' he returned respectfully, 'that you will be seated, and allow me to do this.' With which he took the fork from my unresisting hand, and bent over the gridiron, as if his whole attention were concentrated on it. ¡¡¡¡We should not have been much discomposed, I dare say, by the appearance of Steerforth himself, but we became in a moment the meekest of the meek before his respectable serving-man. Mr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

American Day Dream

Anonymous said...

American Day Dream