Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Claude Monet Sunflowers painting

Claude Monet Sunflowers painting
Lord Frederick Leighton Leighton Flaming June painting
The newcomer was gorgeously arrayed in a pale blue summer silk, puffed, frilled, and shirred wherever puff, frill, or shirring could possibly be placed. Her head was surmounted by a huge white chiffon hat, bedecked with three long but rather stringy ostrich feathers. A veil of pink chiffon, lavishly sprinkled with huge black dots, hung like a flounce from the hat brim to her shoulders and floated off in two airy streamers behind her. She wore all the jewelry that could be crowded on one small woman, and a very strong odor of perfume attended her.
"I am Mrs. Donnell. . .Mrs. H. B. Donnell," announced this vision, "and I have come in to see you about something Clarice Almira told me when she came home to dinner today. It annoyed me excessively."
"I'm sorry," faltered Anne, vainly trying to recollect any incident of the morning connected with the Donnell children.
"Clarice Almira told me that you pronounced our name Donnell. Now, Miss Shirley, the correct pronunciation of our name is Donnell. . . accent on the last syllable. I hope you'll remember this in future."

No comments: