Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fra Angelico paintings

Fra Angelico paintings
Frederic Edwin Church paintings
vowed he wouldn't shave any man after twelve at night.
"`You'll do what I want you to do, sonny,' said Marshall, `or I'll jest turn you over my knee and give you one of those spankings your mother forgot.'
"He'd have done it, too, and Gus knew it, for Marshall is as strong as an ox and Gus is only a midget of a man. So he gave in and towed Marshall in to the shop and went to work. `Now,' says he, `I'll barber you up, but if you say one word to me about the Grits getting in while I'm doing it I'll cut your throat with this razor,' says he. You wouldn't have thought mild little Gus could be so bloodthirsty, would you? Shows what party politics will do for a man. Marshall kept quiet and got his hair and beard disposed of and went home. When his old housekeeper heard him come upstairs she peeked out of her bedroom door to see whether 'twas him or the hired boy. And when she saw a strange man striding down the hall with a candle in his hand she screamed blue murder and fainted dead away. They had to send for the doctor before they could bring her to, and it was several days before she could look at Marshall without shaking all over."
Captain Jim had no fish. He seldom went out in his boat that summer, and his long

No comments: